“There is no blue without yellow and without orange.”- Vincent Van Gogh. His work is breathtaking. But his life is enraptures your mind. I was introduced to Vincent Van Gogh’s work at the age of 7 by my second grade teacher. She was into the arts . Especially painters. I remember being memorized by the brushstrokes I’ve never seen before. Manipulating the mind into seeing this circular motions. What a difference a painting looks from afar and close. As I got older. I researched his life. It struck a chord with me because of how relatable his struggles are to mine. Depression has its ups and downs and unfortunately. Vincent took his life. But he left a legacy of beautiful work. I look through his work and appreciate it whenever I have an episode. He was a smart man. Even with all these voices in his head. This art I created with a cup of latte is inspired my his work. Cheers to him and to all suffering from mental illness. You are not alone!!!
Vincent Van Gogh Latte
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 tsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp powdered Spirulina
- Pinch of grounded Turmeric
- Add Spirulina and honey in a mug.
- Pour Almond milk into a pot and bring to a simmer
- pour hot milk into the mug and froth it with a milk froth wand
- It’s your time to shine!!! get creative and use the turmeric and spirulina powder to make your own art
Good Luck!! Enjoy!