Hello, Food Lovers! Long time no talk! I have missed talking about food, making food, vlogging Festivals, that i am ready to continue blogging again. I wanted to start up my recipe videos with a fun and easy to make dish. you can eat this in the morning or afternoon. want to mix it up? Go for it!! i hope this video inspires you to give it your own twist.
Like i said before, i like turning word recipes into video recipes. so this is one of them. Full recipe can be found here
Long drives, a walk on the beach. I could go for a chai tea latte right about now. As a food blogger I like to discover new places. I hardly ever go to coffee shops. While driving through old town pacific grove, a house like coffee shop caught my eye. So of course I’m going to feed my curiosity and see what’s inside.
I opened the door and teleported to Portland, Oregon. In the past days I’ve been binging on the show portlandia. There was a skit that took place in a coffee shop that closely resembled the one I was at. Wooden tables, recycling bins. But the thing that caught my eye was the bookstore right behind the shop. Genius! Maybe this isn’t the only coffee shop with a bookstore inside but it was the first time I’ve ever seen such thing.
I then continued to walk up to the register and look at the menu. The drinks ranged between 1.95- $4.50
I ordered a chai tea latte. The nice young lady recommended I try a homemade vegan chocolate cake. Of course I will! So I took a slice. Minutes later, I took my latte and cake and say down. I took a spoonful of the cake. Wow! Vegan cake!? No way! I couldn’t tell the difference. Chocolate taste was there, not only that, but the moist texture of the cake was spot on. I really have to give infinite kudos to whomever made that cake.
Let me point out that deserts at this place are homemade.
If you’re looking for a place to sit and unwind, read a book or even finish paperwork. This is the place to be.
667 Lighthouse Ave, Pacific Grove, CA 93950
Being a visual learner, i would like all the recipes i see online to have some short video attached to the post. but unfortunately, i dont see it often. So, i decided to do just that. I tumbled across an easy grilled cheese sandwich on pinterest that i just had to try. And here it is ladies and gents. ENJOY! (video is at the very end)
- French Bread or white sandwich
- 1 Slice of Yellow Onion
- 4-5 small pieces of Broccoli
- slices of honey ham
- 1 Clove Garlic
- shredded Cheddar Cheese
- chop the broccoli into small pieces. after you have chopped the broccoli, grab a medium pan and put it on medium heat.
- chop your garlic and slice your onion
- add a teaspoon of butter following the broccoli.
- mix the garlic, onions and black pepper along with the broccoli
- take your slices of bread and spread butter on the outside of each slice.
- sprinkle some cheddar cheese and honey ham to one side of the bread. add the broccoli mixture to the other.
- give it a good squish while it cooks. fry your sandwich until golden brown on each side.
and TA DA!!
- Using a ice cream scoop, take a scoop of cookie dough and place it on top of an Oreo cookie. Repeat on the other side.
- Spray the baking pan with cooking oil. Then place the cookies on to the pan and bake for 9-13 minutes.
if youre a visual learner like me. click on the link below for the video tutorial:
oreo stuffed cookies