Just one of those days when you dont want to put too much thought into your breakfast. Or maybe you’re having one of those mornings where you slept in late. You wake up. And you want breakfast a.s.a.p.!! Now that last one sounds like me. No shame(emoji with the cool shades)
One of my favorite things is granola. it goes with mostly everything. Plus it makes for a killer snack. But I get turned off my either how much comes in a bag. small quantity, in a big bag. Or the price.
Wouldn’t it be easier to make granola at home?? YES!!! It’s way easier than some of you might think. A few ingredients and you have your very own granola. And that’s why I say, “when in doubt, Homemade Granola!!!
Long time no see!! Happy New Year! What a year it has been. haha I am pretty stoked at how busy it has been. Believe it or not. I have wanted to have a busy year for a long time now and I am ecstatic that a busy year is finally upon me. This post will explain why I been M.I.A. on here.
- I was suffering from Writers block A.K.A. Brain farts. It’s a condition that many writers suffer. But thankfully there’s a cure= Take a break. Search for inspirations. Go to a museum, hang out with family or friends. Go to local events. HIKES!!
- Catching up on straw shop inventory. I been putting this to the side. materials ready to go. All I needed was to take out the sewing machine and start sewing. So I replaced my blog time and my sewing time took over my free time.
- Play Production and Stage Reading. Two shows in 1 month. WOW
- Family TIME!!!!
Now it’s 2018. I still have a few things on my to do list. Some I have feared for my entire life. And a few that I am anxious to do already. I will keep you updated. It has been a great start to 2018 so far. The funny thing is that 18 is my favorite number. Because of that. I am expecting some good stuff. I want to end this post by sharing with you a behind the scene video of me on my element. Sewing my straw sleeves. Check out my shop and learn why this shop is so important to me. aandestraws.shop
How’s your 2018 going so far?
I begin every morning with a 10 minute meditation and a yogurt parfait. it’s my tried and true recipe for an amazing day. Who am I kidding I have this as a snack before my dinner and sometimes after dinner as a dessert. Last night, I experimented with some fruits. I wanted to dress up my yogurt with new ingredients. Pear, banana, strawberry, granola, bee pollen.
I had a huge amount of strawberries in my fridge. What better way to put them to use than to make homemade strawberry glaze.
I also sliced a banana and grilled it with butter and sprinkled powdered cinnamon on both sides.
My go to yogurt is usually Kite Hill. Unfortunately, my local Whole Foods stopped carrying the original Kite Hill Yogurt. So I had to go with the brand’s Greek-Style Yogurt for this recipe. Let me tell you that this Greek style yogurt taste close to regular milk yogurt. without the thick texture and tart flavor. the flavor and texture is a perfect balance.
Strawberry Glaze Ingredients:
- ! cup of strawberries
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of of lemon juice
- Crush a cup of strawberries
- place crushed strawberries in a medium saucepan. add 1 tbsp of sugar
- cook and stir over heat until mixture thickens
- remove saucepan from heat and stir in and 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- let cool
Let your creativity take over and decorate your bowl with your homemade toppings.
What’s your go to routine to promise productivity?
Happy National Coffee Day. Today is perfect for me to share the three different ways I make my coffee. From a Traditional Mexican way to a Protein based coffee mix. Enjoy!