Batches after not so crunchy batches after not so cooked batches. I finally made it to the top . . . of perfection. I am also trying to point out to my friends that I am not at all a genius cook in the kitchen. I make mistakes. I have a habit of forgetting to taste what I cook during the process of making it. I am impatient when it comes to cooking pasta. And it fucks me over. Pasta all dente to the max isn’t the business. But the best thing about it all is that I get to try over and over again. And with that comes written side notes. And food. The good thing is that my mistakes are pretty bearable to still eat.
One major issue I been dealing with for the past few months has been my baking technique with baking veggies. Scrolling through my Instagram I see beautiful images of amazing and extremely crispy looking veggie fries. I’d say to myself, “pshh. whats so hard about tossing veggies in the oven and turning them into fries!?” Well my friends, this gal got served. As I said before, i’m impatient. So waiting patiently for the veggies was impossible. I’d drizzle way too much oil on them. Taking in my notes I was ready for the final round. I was going to whip up some hard core. Bad ass. G double O D good crispy fries(insert emoji with the dark shades on)
Ladies & Gents. May I present to you the top of the line. Freakin’ Crispy Sweet Potato Fries:
1 Sweet Potato
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of garlic powder or 1-2 cloves of garlic
olive oil Spray Can (perfect mist)
1/2 chili powder or chipotle powder
1 or 2 pinches of black pepper
- Preheat over to 375 degrees. Take a larger baking sheet and place a sheet of parchment paper over it.
- Place cut fries(make sure they’re not cut too thick. this is the secret to getting that perfect crispy fry) in a bowl. Spray olive oil on them. then pour and mix in all the seasonings together.
- Line the fries on the baking sheet. Try to keep a slight gap between friends or they wont bake properly. let the batch bake for 15 minutes. take out the sheet and flip the fries over. bake again for another 15 minutes or until golden brown or to your liking
- Let cool and enjoy ❤
Have any tips and tricks?
comment below and share ❤
I begin every morning with a 10 minute meditation and a yogurt parfait. it’s my tried and true recipe for an amazing day. Who am I kidding I have this as a snack before my dinner and sometimes after dinner as a dessert. Last night, I experimented with some fruits. I wanted to dress up my yogurt with new ingredients. Pear, banana, strawberry, granola, bee pollen.
I had a huge amount of strawberries in my fridge. What better way to put them to use than to make homemade strawberry glaze.
I also sliced a banana and grilled it with butter and sprinkled powdered cinnamon on both sides.
My go to yogurt is usually Kite Hill. Unfortunately, my local Whole Foods stopped carrying the original Kite Hill Yogurt. So I had to go with the brand’s Greek-Style Yogurt for this recipe. Let me tell you that this Greek style yogurt taste close to regular milk yogurt. without the thick texture and tart flavor. the flavor and texture is a perfect balance.
Strawberry Glaze Ingredients:
- ! cup of strawberries
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of of lemon juice
- Crush a cup of strawberries
- place crushed strawberries in a medium saucepan. add 1 tbsp of sugar
- cook and stir over heat until mixture thickens
- remove saucepan from heat and stir in and 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- let cool
Let your creativity take over and decorate your bowl with your homemade toppings.
What’s your go to routine to promise productivity?
Happy National Coffee Day. Today is perfect for me to share the three different ways I make my coffee. From a Traditional Mexican way to a Protein based coffee mix. Enjoy!
I had one of those days where I wanted to have both my coffee and smoothie fix. I thought to myself is it possible to combine the two without having it taste bad? YOU KNOW IT! I did have to go through many failed attempts at perfecting it. I was aiming for the perfect smoothie texture and I finally got it. I first tried to pour the actual coffee in with the milk but I couldn’t really get a taste of the coffee even after everything else was blended in. So I decided to grab a tin of instant coffee and pour in a few scoops of it in the blender. Here are the ingredients and portions.
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 2 dates and/or 1 banana(makes it smoothier)
- 2 scoops of instant coffee
- 1 handful of blueberries
- 1 handful of ice cubes
- toppings: chia seeds, nuts, granola, bee pollen.
- add everything in blender and blend. Pour it into your favorite mug or cup and have a great day!!!
My journey to eating healthier has had its ups and downs. I am at a point where I am happy with my food choices. I don’t crave junk food as much as i used to. I really love the Plant based diet just because I feel that it’s not a strict diet. The rules are simple. Add more greens to your lifestyle. I eat meat or poultry every now and then. But my body is okay if I don’t have it on a regular.
I passed the withdrawals you can say. In the beginning I wasn’t satisfied after eating my dish. I was so used to being full instead of being okay with feeling satisfied. I have to say that one thing that really helped me from feeling empty between big meals was to eat more snacks throughout the day. hummus and chips or nuts, smoothies, pressed juice and crackers or even yogurt with fruit and nuts.
I will tell you more about my journey in future posts. I hope the future post will help you who want to change your eating habits.
This recipe calls for a few or lots of ingredients. depending on what you want to include in your tacos. This recipe is simple. I used three ingredients for the taco mix:(video tutorial below)
- crushed black pepper
- pink salt
- garlic powder
The sauce is made up of two ingredients only
- pour Olive oil on to a meduim heat pan
- add a handful of chopped onions. sprinkle back pepper, salt, and garlic powder. cook until onions are golden
- add the zucchini’s and canned corn.
- heat up a flat pan for the tortillas
- take a small bowl and mix in 1/2 of chipotle and 1/2 of mayonnaise. combine
- take your sauce spread on tortilla and add the zucchini mix. enjoy!