Breaking out of the norm is something I do on the regular when breakfast comes around. I get bored of eating the same thing on the weekend, Overnight oats and a smoothie. I still have my smoothie every morning. But on the weekends since I have plenty of time to myself in the mornings. I like to go all out for breakfast. This past weekend I wanted to cook up something with Prosciutto. This is just one of my all time favorite cured meats. I love the perfect amount of saltiness it has and the oh so thin cut slices. Because this meat has a well balance flavor with saltiness and flavor. I didn’t have to add much seasoning to the rest of the stuff used in this dish. Rule of thumb when cooking: Always start with the ingredients that take longer to cook. For this dish I started off with
- a nice medium heat pan. placed one minced garlic clove and drizzled 1tbsp of olive oil. Cook until golden. This is very important because you want the juices of the garlic to really dissolve into the oil
- Add a handful of diced zucchinis and let cook. I like mine burnt. Add a pinch of black pepper and 1tsp of Nori Komi Furikake (rice seasoning used on sushi) I love this and so happy to have stumbled upon it.
- Mix in a green of your choice. I chose Kale. It doesn’t take long for this to cook. About 1-3 minutes
- Heat up a pot of water in high heat. add 1tsp of vinegar
- While you’re waiting for the water to boil. Place two strips of Prosciutto with the zucchini. you want the meat to get slightly toasted. remove pan from the stove
- Once the water is boiling turn it down to medium heat, grab a wooden spoon and start swirling the water rapidly. Take one egg , crack it and drop the egg in the water. Start swirling immediately. Let cook for 3 minutes. lower the heat
- Place Prosciutto on the plate, egg, zucchini sprinkle some more rice seasoning and if you love spice. crushed peppers or hot sauce.