Say hello to your new go to Post workout Smoothie. Pact with every vitamin and nutrition to replenish your body. You can thank me later. So what makes this smoothie a super smoothie?
- Spinach- A high content of Vitamin C, zinc, protein and fiber
- Banana- A good source of potassium. Potassium is important for your body because it works to aid communication between nerves and muscles and helps move nutrients to cells.
- Spirulina- High in protein and one of the best sources of antioxidants. Boosts energy, lowers blood pressure and cholestoral. and its also said that it helps prevent cancer
- coconut water- rich in electrolytes. this is much needed after a long workout.
- Chia Seeds- Chia means strength. these seeds are great energy boosters. contain healthy omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, protein and calcium
- Bee Pollen- IMPORTANT TO TEST ONE GRAIN OF POLLEN OUT BEFORE CONSUMING MORE THAN ONE TO SEE IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO THE BEE POLLEN) Luckily, i am not allergic to pollen. So i get to reap the benefits of this amazing thing called Bee Pollen. Bee-lieve it or not. This pollen has nearly every nutrients required by humans. 40% of protein. It can also save you some $$$ if you suffer from allergies. Bee Pollen reduces histamine which is the same over the counter medications used to treat allergies.
So there you have it. Now on to the instructions:
you will need:
- a handful of spinach
- 1 cup of coconut water
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon of Spirulina
- ice cubes
- chia Seeds
- fruit of your choice
- less than a teaspoon of bee pollen
- peanut butter
- Toss the spinach, coconut water, banana, and ice cubes in the blender
- blend until you get the consistency you want
- pour in a cup and add your toppings