Last weekend Gilroy, California had their annual Garlic Festival. Unfortunately, I couldn’t make it this year. But I didn’t let that stop me from eating a dish made with garlic. I really wanted to make this recipe with regular potatoes but because of my new diet, I have to change it up and use sweet potato. This year was the first time I tried sweet potato and I have to say that it’s not that bad. I do wish the sweetness was more subtle. To my surprise, I found Yellow Yams. I don’t know if it’s just me but I found these a bit less sweet. This is a great recipe for those of you who prefer a gluten free dish. Let’s get started!
- 1 Yellow yam
- handful of cilantro
- 3 cloves of garlic
- a pinch of salt(i used Himalayan salt)
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Heat up pan and add the oil
- mince the garlic and cilantro. slice potatoes as desired
- add the garlic and cilantro in the hot pan. wait until cloves turn light golden
- Add potatoes. cook until golden color or as desired
- garnish with more garlic and cilantro. sprinkle a pinch of salt
ENJOY! Buen Provecho!