Just one of those days when you dont want to put too much thought into your breakfast. Or maybe you’re having one of those mornings where you slept in late. You wake up. And you want breakfast a.s.a.p.!! Now that last one sounds like me. No shame(emoji with the cool shades)
One of my favorite things is granola. it goes with mostly everything. Plus it makes for a killer snack. But I get turned off my either how much comes in a bag. small quantity, in a big bag. Or the price.
Wouldn’t it be easier to make granola at home?? YES!!! It’s way easier than some of you might think. A few ingredients and you have your very own granola. And that’s why I say, “when in doubt, Homemade Granola!!!
Long time no see!! Happy New Year! What a year it has been. haha I am pretty stoked at how busy it has been. Believe it or not. I have wanted to have a busy year for a long time now and I am ecstatic that a busy year is finally upon me. This post will explain why I been M.I.A. on here.
- I was suffering from Writers block A.K.A. Brain farts. It’s a condition that many writers suffer. But thankfully there’s a cure= Take a break. Search for inspirations. Go to a museum, hang out with family or friends. Go to local events. HIKES!!
- Catching up on straw shop inventory. I been putting this to the side. materials ready to go. All I needed was to take out the sewing machine and start sewing. So I replaced my blog time and my sewing time took over my free time.
- Play Production and Stage Reading. Two shows in 1 month. WOW
- Family TIME!!!!
Now it’s 2018. I still have a few things on my to do list. Some I have feared for my entire life. And a few that I am anxious to do already. I will keep you updated. It has been a great start to 2018 so far. The funny thing is that 18 is my favorite number. Because of that. I am expecting some good stuff. I want to end this post by sharing with you a behind the scene video of me on my element. Sewing my straw sleeves. Check out my shop and learn why this shop is so important to me. aandestraws.shop
How’s your 2018 going so far?
“There is no blue without yellow and without orange.”- Vincent Van Gogh. His work is breathtaking. But his life is enraptures your mind. I was introduced to Vincent Van Gogh’s work at the age of 7 by my second grade teacher. She was into the arts . Especially painters. I remember being memorized by the brushstrokes I’ve never seen before. Manipulating the mind into seeing this circular motions. What a difference a painting looks from afar and close. As I got older. I researched his life. It struck a chord with me because of how relatable his struggles are to mine. Depression has its ups and downs and unfortunately. Vincent took his life. But he left a legacy of beautiful work. I look through his work and appreciate it whenever I have an episode. He was a smart man. Even with all these voices in his head. This art I created with a cup of latte is inspired my his work. Cheers to him and to all suffering from mental illness. You are not alone!!!
Vincent Van Gogh Latte
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 tsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp powdered Spirulina
- Pinch of grounded Turmeric
- Add Spirulina and honey in a mug.
- Pour Almond milk into a pot and bring to a simmer
- pour hot milk into the mug and froth it with a milk froth wand
- It’s your time to shine!!! get creative and use the turmeric and spirulina powder to make your own art
Good Luck!! Enjoy!